Iconography

Panama Canal Museum

The building dating from 1875 was designed under French architectural influence. After a period as a luxury hotel it was sold to the Compagnie Universelle du Canal Interocéanique which used it as its headquarters during the whole period of French construction of the canal under the auspices of Ferdinand de Lesseps.The building was bought by the United States in 1904, in order to install the administrative offices of the American Canal company.In 1910, the state of Panama acquired it and for almost a century it was occupied by various administrative departments before being redeveloped to house today's Panama Canal Museum.

Rendez-Vous

le Pavillon des Indes à Courbevoie
12 October 2017

Jeudi 12 octobre 2017: visite à Courbevoie du pavillon des Indes, témoignage de l'exposition universelle de 1878 qui s'est tenue sur le Champ de Mars à Paris.

Nous découvrirons ensuite le musée Roybet Fould qui rend hommage à Ferdinand Roybet, peintre de la fin du XIXè.

Cette sortie donnera l'occasion d'évoquer les années qui suivirent le percement de l'isthme de Suez et se conclura par un déjeuner amical. 

Inscriptions auprès d'Olivier Marnet, organisateur de cette journée: omarnet@orange.fr